I am a currently-serving Peace Corps Volunteer in Bulgaria. The views on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the Peace Corps.


Monday, September 27, 2010

I Cooked a Bit for Unharsh Critics



From left:
Vlado. He studied economics at Sofia University, took advantage of a study abroad program that brought him to Montana. Later, he got a job at Yellowstone National Park. He has since lived in Chicago, Detroit, and now has settled with his awesome girlfriend, July who is from Uzbekistan but they met in Chicago, in Mt. Prospect, a suburb of Chicago. Vlado and July spent Easter with my family this year and I spend many nights with Vlado's parents in my village (he's from here). They miss their son but he's working and has made a life for himself in the U.S.

Anthony. I met Anthony after a performance of 'The Brothers Karamazov' at the Lookingglass Theater in Chicago. My brother played Dimitri Karamazov and Anthony was my brother's understudy. Anthony's father was born in Bulgaria; Anthony is an actor living a little bit of the time in Los Angeles. Anthony is currently living in Poland and working as an ensemble member of a Polish theater group but he makes it back to L.A. as needed.

Justin. Justin was born in NYC and to NYC he shall return. This photo though, was shot in my apartment in Bulgaria. Justin and Anthony are making a film in Bulgaria that will be great. They took the 7 hour bus ride to my village to see the sights down here and hang out. They agree that it was very worth it.

Scott. Scott is a Peace Corps Volunteer who was visiting me. He is from Petaluma, CA and he's an all around nice guy. He recently traveled to Poland and got into the mix with Anthony's friends. Oh, and all of these guys met up in Sofia, plus Vlado's older brother who is a lawyer there. I couldn't go though because I had work over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment