I am a currently-serving Peace Corps Volunteer in Bulgaria. The views on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the Peace Corps.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

RILA




There is a mountain range in Bulgaria called 'RILA.' I'd been wanting to visit it, along with the Rila Monastery, since I came to Bulgaria. This summer, I finally got the chance. I don't like carrying stuff so what you see me wearing in this photo is all that I brought. Luckily, I borrowed a sweatshirt from someone; it got cold at night. My friends and I woke up at 6 in the morning and hiked up to the Seven Lakes. The lake that I'm standing in front of is called 'Kidney.' We were the first ones there, had the whole place to ourselves. I worked out the kinks from a crummy sleep, worked up a sweat and then got to lay on a rock and enjoy the moment. If you get the chance, visit Rila. She is gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. Per your request, there are a couple photos of you from our trip to Rila up on my blog. Seems we both have a crush on the same girl.

    ReplyDelete