I am a currently-serving Peace Corps Volunteer in Bulgaria. The views on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the Peace Corps.


Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Manowar



A warm summer day. A walk in the park and I spot this young couple unafraid to show their love for one another or their love for Manowar. I told them the story about the lead singer of Manowar, Eric Adams, calling my house when I was 12. My oldest brother had been in the Manowar fan club, The Army of Immortals, since it began in 1987. Eric Adams was calling long time fans. When he called though, only my mom was home. She knew a lot of his songs from driving my brothers and I around and us always playing Manowar in the car and told him what big fans we are. I told the couple this story and they loved it, especially because my mom was with me and she doesn't look like a typical Manowar fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment