I am a currently-serving Peace Corps Volunteer in Bulgaria. The views on this blog do not necessarily reflect the views of the Peace Corps.


Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baba Tsetsa



Tsetsa and Metodi. Nobody I know really knows them yet they took care of me for 10 weeks. Tsetsa, who was up at 5 in the morning or earlier, working in the garden, would wake me up, make me breakfast and then walk me, hand-in-hand, to school every morning.

She knitted me this sweater I'm wearing in the picture and she knitted me socks. She washed my clothes and when I got a girl's phone number at a wedding, she woke me up early the next morning to tell me that this girl was too fat for me. I didn't think so but I would not act contrary to this woman's wishes. And, she is a too much for a blog.

Metodi. If Tsetsa wasn't around, he would just yell at me. Imagine a 79 year old man asking me to hand him a fork but I don't know what he's asking. All I could do was drink his homemade booze and watch music videos. I cut his lawn and worked in his vineyard though, so I wasn't a total lump.

No comments:

Post a Comment